Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
WELCOME BACK....
This may not be the busiest forum but I'm sure we all realize that is one of the BEST forums on the web relating to the GL1200.

I know everyone involved here appreciates the time and effort that Vic put into the site.

My goal is to keep that effort online.

Thanks

Marty
#1 07-18-2015, 03:14 PM,
I am so sorry to here about Vic. Having this site up and running is a great tribute to him and the time and work he had put into it.
#2 07-18-2015, 03:34 PM,
Thanks Marty
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#3 07-18-2015, 05:07 PM,
RIP Vic, hope you have a nice GL1200 to ride up in Haven.
#4 07-18-2015, 05:17 PM,
Thanks Marty,

and I appreciate getting it back up and running as a Tribute to Vic.

Prayers for his family and all to knew him well.
~John
#5 07-18-2015, 05:38 PM,
Extremely glad to see this nsite up and running again!
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#6 07-19-2015, 03:39 AM,
Though I have not been an active member here for a year or so, I was deeply saddened to learn of Vic's untimely passing. He and his site were a great source of information, help and just good times. I'm glad Marty has opted to keep it going.
Ian
Remember, it's the journey, not the destination, that matters.
#7 07-19-2015, 07:42 AM,
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Vic and his family.

(moment of silence)

Those of us who have been here for years know the passion and commitment Vic had for his family, which included his dog (RIP) and his bike.

I, like many of you, am sadden by the news as I thought Vic had just decided to retire the site....... I wasn't aware it was SO much more serious.

I want to take this time and Thank-you Vic, for ALL the work, time and effort, expense you put into this site. The initial idea, getting it up and running, the maintenance and trouble shooting, the changing of formats, and the list goes on.
I want all peoples involved with this site, to know the wealth of information which I have used to get and keep my bike on the road, which not only gives me pleasure but also allows me to give to my family what my bike saves me in commuting expense.
The savings has contributed to one adult child going back to get her college degree in Family Law, one college degree in Business, one college degree in Bio/Chem Kinesiology, a High School Graduate from a private High School. The college graduates are going on to get their Master's and the High School graduate in getting his degree in Engineering/Computer Science.
So, this 31 year old Touring design from the vision of Honda, and solely, this site, a vision of Vic's, (and the contribution of countless others) have contributed to the future life long success of my four children!
A Thank-You just doesn't seem to be enough..... but that is all I have at this time.

I will continue to contribute my .02 to those who are in need of assistance. It may answer your concern or it may point you in the right direction.
I will contribute to the site in other ways, as I am able.

And to repeat myself.....
THANK-YOU VIC FOR ALL YOU PUT INTO THIS SITE, YOU WON'T BE FORGOTTEN.
Thanks to those who were instrumental in getting this site back up, you too will not be forgotten.

RIP Vic.......
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#8 07-19-2015, 07:43 AM,
I have not been on this site for a while, just been busy and had computer issues. I am sad to hear of Vics passing. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

This site is a wealth of info on our beloved old bikes, and I am happy it is still up and running. If I can help please ask.

John
A rainy day off beats a sunny day at work any time..................
#9 07-19-2015, 05:35 PM,
Thanks Marty, for getting the forum back up and running
I was very saddened to learn of Vic's untimely passing. I knew he had a difficult time but I did not know it was this bad.
Prayers for his family and all who knew him.
Jan Krijtenburg, a Dutch Winger
My bikes: A GL1200 Aspencade and a Honda CB400T
Homepage: http://jkrijt.home.xs4all.nl/start/index.shtml
[Image: small_world_map.jpg]
#10 07-21-2015, 08:24 AM,
Marty,
Vic used the email address goldwinger1984@yahoo.com.
That is mentioned in some posts like "PLEASE READ HERE FIRST BEFORE READING ANYTHING ELSE"
Do you use that mail account now, or is there another email address for mails to board admins ?
#11 07-21-2015, 09:49 AM,
(07-21-2015, 09:49 AM)jkrijt Wrote: Marty,
That is mentioned in some posts like "PLEASE READ HERE FIRST BEFORE READING ANYTHING ELSE"
Do you use that mail account now, or is there another email address for mails to board admins ?

I have my own email address. To send me or anyone else an email through the board you click on the name of the person and then click on the send email link or use the private message link for on board messages.
#12 07-21-2015, 01:12 PM,
(07-21-2015, 01:12 PM)Tropicalsuns Wrote:
(07-21-2015, 09:49 AM)jkrijt Wrote: Marty,

I have my own email address. To send me or anyone else an email through the board you click on the name of the person and then click on the send email link or use the private message link for on board messages.

I know that but because the address goldwinger1984@yahoo.com is mentioned in some "admin" posts, it and may give some confusion. Never mind. I don't have a problem with it. I was just wondering.
#13 07-21-2015, 01:48 PM,
(07-19-2015, 07:42 AM)Keener Wrote: Though I have not been an active member here for a year or so, I was deeply saddened to learn of Vic's untimely passing. He and his site were a great source of information, help and just good times. I'm glad Marty has opted to keep it going.

What Ian said.

#14 07-24-2015, 04:48 PM,
thanks for keeping the forum going marty
'75cb750 ,'79cb750superK,
'93gl1500se, '79cb 750f,
'85cb450sc, '05sunL70
'06 ST 1300....william
#15 07-26-2015, 12:58 PM,