Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How many hours would dealer charge?
All:

I recently helped out a good friend and brand new Goldwing owner by cleaning and assembling his carbs, installing them, and then of course synching. I also installed new strut seals etc. which were leaking.

He bought the bike for a song, it's an '84 Aspencade. When we went and picked it up the bike wouldn't run. Owner said it hadn't been able to run for 4 years. We brought it to my house and I found all 4 carb slides were stuck in place. And I do mean immobile. I removed the carbs, disassembled and cleaned, and then reinstalled. The Aspy runs like a dream now. I wrote about this on the forum a few months ago.

Last night we were having a beer or two over here and he wanted to know how much a Honda dealer would have charged for the work we (I) did. I told him I have no idea as I've never dealt with a dealer before. What's a rough estimate from you guys about how many hours they would charge and approximate cost to accomplish what we did?

Thanks in advance,
DC
#1 08-17-2014, 06:39 PM,

Messages In This Thread
How many hours would dealer charge? - by DC44 - 08-17-2014, 06:39 PM
RE: How many hours would dealer charge? - by DC44 - 08-18-2014, 07:51 PM
RE: How many hours would dealer charge? - by DC44 - 08-19-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: How many hours would dealer charge? - by 1060dsl - 08-24-2014, 02:24 PM