Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Wiring
Can any body point me to a source that can show wiring for my 86 Interstate. The printing in the book is too close for me.
I have a conn. under the L/S tank cover. I can't find the mate.

White w/blue stripe
Yellow w/orange or red
Blue /black
Red w/black.

I took the whole body off. Now I am slowly putting it back together.
#1 12-20-2013, 02:30 PM,
what color is the connector and can you post a picture of its relative positon
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#2 12-20-2013, 03:25 PM,
I think it is the 4 pin black connector which is for the radio option and not used unless there is a Hondaline radio installed

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#3 12-20-2013, 05:15 PM,
(12-20-2013, 05:15 PM)SIR tricky Wrote: I think it is the 4 pin black connector which is for the radio option and not used unless there is a Hondaline radio installed

Sir,.
I do think you win the prize. My confusion is that it is clean. Like it has been connected recently. Since you are asking for pictures I will try to post a couple of 2 conns. that have the same colored wires but do not reach each other. They are both brown. One is under the L/S glove box. The other is on the outside/inside the fairing with the previously mentioned black conn. Are you still with me? I think I lost myself.
#4 12-20-2013, 06:10 PM,
I think they are for a CB option if used, you may find a brown 2 pin under the seat on the left side also. That one is for a passenger push to talk button.

The one outside the fairing connects to the handlebar CB Switch and the one inside is connected to it and then connects to a corresponding connector in the CB HArness

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#5 12-21-2013, 11:34 AM,