Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Major curiousity.
I have sent 2 of our admins an email(to one) & PM's(to the other) and have never heard a word back. If I am being BB'd on this site, I wish that someone would have the decency to say so & why. I have been on this site for a long time & have contributed tips & links & helped many members here by giving stuff away & in most cases pay for the shipping as well. I have sent links of this site to many of the 1200 riders I have come across but firstwing85 is the only one I can remember. When I was working I donated to the site yearly so you cannot know how much it hurts to be ignored. As far as forums (or any social networking) are concerned, this has always been my second home. Second only to Steve's site, where I started as did most of the older members here. Cheers fysty-1 HuhHuhHuhHuh
Angela(fysty-1) & Dani
Surrey, B.C., Canada
'85 Honda GL 1200 (fully dressed) I. (sold)
pres. 95 Virago 1100
"No matter how blue life may get always remember that there's a rainbow in the sky."
"Grab life by the handlbars an hang on."

#1 12-17-2013, 02:19 PM,
Haven't talked to Marty in quite a while and myself I have been extremely busy. First chance I get I'll have a look at your PM Angela. Also, if anyone needs to reach me urgently just email me at goldwinger1984@yahoo.com as I sometimes miss PM notifications for some reason. At this moment I'm off to buy replacement tires for my rotted snow blower tires, then I have to return home install them and then spend an hour blowing the driveway, then I have to go pick up my wife at work, then bring her back home and make supper for her, then I'm off for an hour's drive in the driving snow to a musician's meet until 10 PM then drive another hour in the dark fighting snowy and drifty roads and then if I am still able to sit upright I can then check my email and PM's, if too tired I'll need to check them in the morning after I make breakfast for us and hopefully my wife isn't keeping me too busy rebuilding our bathroom with new ceramic tile along with shopping around for all the color matched accessories and then it's off to drive her to work again and the cycle starts all over and on and on. Am I busy? Not really, just totally and completely preoccupied in getting things done that need to be done according to priorities. Can't wait to get old and retire so I can have some free time. LOL
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#2 12-17-2013, 02:34 PM,
Thanks Vic. Do be in a rush to retire. If I had my choice, I'd still be working. I am only a mere 66 & having to try & live on what the Gov wants to give me is a joke. OAP+CPP+low income supplement = just under 1500 a month. I am majorly regretting selling Baby as I want to get back in the wind, but have possible way to get another bike (Cruiser or Trike) unless I can find a leasing company that leases bikes.( or some kind sole will carry a loan for a bike they may be selling)Undecided
Angela(fysty-1) & Dani
Surrey, B.C., Canada
pres. 95 Virago 1100
"No matter how blue life may get always remember that there's a rainbow in the sky."

#3 12-17-2013, 02:57 PM,
You think you will have more time if you retire..... fat chance...... things just take longer to get done Smile
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#4 12-17-2013, 06:27 PM,
(12-17-2013, 02:19 PM)fysty-1 Wrote: I have sent 2 of our admins an email(to one) & PM's(to the other) and have never heard a word back. If I am being BB'd on this site, I wish that someone would have the decency to say so & why. I have been on this site for a long time & have contributed tips & links & helped many members here by giving stuff away & in most cases pay for the shipping as well. I have sent links of this site to many of the 1200 riders I have come across but firstwing85 is the only one I can remember. When I was working I donated to the site yearly so you cannot know how much it hurts to be ignored. As far as forums (or any social networking) are concerned, this has always been my second home. Second only to Steve's site, where I started as did most of the older members here. Cheers fysty-1 HuhHuhHuhHuh

Angela, I have checked the 284 PM's in my inbox and did not see a single one from you, although I did check my email inbox and found pretty much what I see in the post above. I don't know what Marty is up to these days as we don't communicate on a regular basis just for chat purposes, but, he always comes to our assistance if we have tech problems on this site, thanks Marty. Sure sounds like you are very lonely at this time Angela and it can often be like that for many people around Christmas time. I suggest that you get your local phone book out and start calling all the churches in your area to enquire about possible social programs available to help people at this time of the year. Many times they will have programs where people can visit you and they will also know about groups such as 50's + clubs and such where people can go visit to make new friends and share time with others. Also call the admin office for your town or city and ask to speak to social workers who may be able to help you locate services that can assist you in your current needs. Salvation Army is another very helpful group that can offer suggestions and help for your current issues. You would be amazed at how much all the above resources have to offer if you take the time to reach out. Take care Angela and have a wonderful Christmas.

#5 12-18-2013, 06:00 AM,
(12-17-2013, 06:27 PM)SIR tricky Wrote: You think you will have more time if you retire..... fat chance...... things just take longer to get done Smile

LOL, from the voice of your true experience. You do pretty darn good Tricky. I am amazed at all the things you do get done.

#6 12-18-2013, 06:03 AM,
(12-18-2013, 06:00 AM)admin Wrote:
(12-17-2013, 02:19 PM)fysty-1 Wrote: I have sent 2 of our admins an email(to one) & PM's(to the other) and have never heard a word back. If I am being BB'd on this site, I wish that someone would have the decency to say so & why. I have been on this site for a long time & have contributed tips & links & helped many members here by giving stuff away & in most cases pay for the shipping as well. I have sent links of this site to many of the 1200 riders I have come across but firstwing85 is the only one I can remember. When I was working I donated to the site yearly so you cannot know how much it hurts to be ignored. As far as forums (or any social networking) are concerned, this has always been my second home. Second only to Steve's site, where I started as did most of the older members here. Cheers fysty-1 HuhHuhHuhHuh

Angela, I have checked the 284 PM's in my inbox and did not see a single one from you, although I did check my email inbox and found pretty much what I see in the post above. I don't know what Marty is up to these days as we don't communicate on a regular basis just for chat purposes, but, he always comes to our assistance if we have tech problems on this site, thanks Marty. Sure sounds like you are very lonely at this time Angela and it can often be like that for many people around Christmas time. I suggest that you get your local phone book out and start calling all the churches in your area to enquire about possible social programs available to help people at this time of the year. Many times they will have programs where people can visit you and they will also know about groups such as 50's + clubs and such where people can go visit to make new friends and share time with others. Also call the admin office for your town or city and ask to speak to social workers who may be able to help you locate services that can assist you in your current needs. Salvation Army is another very helpful group that can offer suggestions and help for your current issues. You would be amazed at how much all the above resources have to offer if you take the time to reach out. Take care Angela and have a wonderful Christmas.

284 PM's Holy Christmas! Anyway I said Quote "I have sent 2 of our admins an email(to one) & PM's(to the other)" & you are "the one" No PM's sent to you. I was beginning to think I was having problems with this new computer system (Win 8.1) so I thought I'd send you an email. The PM's were sent to the other & they were just trivial queries that I had. Good to see you are so busy. Cheers Angela
Angela(fysty-1) & Dani
Surrey, B.C., Canada
pres. 95 Virago 1100

#7 12-18-2013, 05:49 PM,