Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Speedmetal H4 HID install
I installed a Speedmetal HID yesterday that I picked up from Cycle Gear, and what a difference. Much brighter and clearer. The install took me about 2 hours. The hardest part, was finding a place to mount everything. The wiring that comes with it is very short so it limits where you can mount things. I should have taken some pictures of the install, but I didn't think about it. I ended up mounting the ballast behind the top headlight bracket and the relay in the left side of the fairing. I also had to extend the positive and negative wires to reach the battery. I will give periodic updates on how it lasts and any problems I have with it.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Parts...457_425407
The light at the end of the tunnel is usually the headlamp of the oncoming train.

[Image: Bike003.jpg]
#1 10-01-2013, 12:07 PM,
While it looks like a nice product, I don't think I would be able to bring myself to depend on a non DOT Standard lighting system
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter

[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#2 10-01-2013, 06:06 PM,
I installed two small HID lights on a light bar under the headlight,what a difference to visibilty at night and also how well others see my bike in the daytime. These were suggested by a police officer friend I ride with who has them on his bike and often complained that he could'nt distinguish my bike in traffic during the day time, let alone at night. He gives two thumbs up now in traffic, much safer. These are on a relay with an off/on switch,the volt and amperage draw is very low,less than 1/2 a volt.I run with them on all the time day or night."Safety First"
#3 10-01-2013, 11:05 PM,
as some of you know I've had a HID headlight kit in Vanna for a couple years now and it has been great,
I was told to get the pure white light as apposed to the blue.
I have never regretted doing the upgrade.

(10-01-2013, 11:05 PM)sparky65 Wrote: I installed two small HID lights on a light bar under the headlight,what a difference to visibilty at night and also how well others see my bike in the daytime. These were suggested by a police officer friend I ride with who has them on his bike and often complained that he could'nt distinguish my bike in traffic during the day time, let alone at night. He gives two thumbs up now in traffic, much safer. These are on a relay with an off/on switch,the volt and amperage draw is very low,less than 1/2 a volt.I run with them on all the time day or night."Safety First"

do you have a model type and where I can get the driving lights you have?
Johan
#4 10-05-2013, 11:27 AM,
[[/quote]

do you have a model type and where I can get the driving lights you have?
[/quote]

The HID lights were from Lordco. The make"VISION" part numbers on the lights which come in a pair are D610.725 329192 I think the second number is the part number.

The light bar for the gl1200 from "Goldwing Chrome" is CC-9822
These operate on 9-48v which is handy for 24v equipment and boats etc. they are waterproof.Four Goldwing owners I ride with have these lights and are satisfied with them.
#5 10-05-2013, 12:22 PM,
After adding the two HID lights which work so well they made the headlight look dim by comparison.Today I changed the headlight bulb to a new H4 white light.The draw is still the standard 60w/55w but it puts out 135w/125w the bulb is made for MCs which is an antivibration bulb.Now its bright white and the range of its beam is much greater.We only have one headlight so make it a good one I figure. Wink
PIAA H4 Powersport Super Plasma Bulb PN 70476 3000/5000 Kelvin
#6 10-16-2013, 11:44 PM,