Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
pulse generator test
I just replace the Water pump, Timing belts,and Head gaskets, The story of this fix is the water pump went bad replace it started bike ran but white smoke out exhaust bad head gaskets replace them and timing belts now no spark All 4 plugs check all connecters tight did not discontent any
I'm using a CLYMER manual it says to check wires in connector # [to many to list] how do you know what is what in connector not # I am trying to check if my pulse generator is bad or not I got power everywhere lights,horn,radio and I have check fuses All good
#1 05-28-2013, 05:22 AM,
(05-28-2013, 05:22 AM)dvjoiner Wrote: I just replace the Water pump, Timing belts,and Head gaskets, The story of this fix is the water pump went bad replace it started bike ran but white smoke out exhaust bad head gaskets replace them and timing belts now no spark All 4 plugs check all connecters tight did not discontent any
I'm using a CLYMER manual it says to check wires in connector # [to many to list] how do you know what is what in connector not # I am trying to check if my pulse generator is bad or not I got power everywhere lights,horn,radio and I have check fuses All good

Have you checked to make sure the kill switch is not on?
#2 05-28-2013, 08:32 AM,
Is it a fuel injected bike?
joe
#3 05-28-2013, 06:23 PM,
(05-28-2013, 08:32 AM)Poorboy Wrote:
(05-28-2013, 05:22 AM)dvjoiner Wrote: I just replace the Water pump, Timing belts,and Head gaskets, The story of this fix is the water pump went bad replace it started bike ran but white smoke out exhaust bad head gaskets replace them and timing belts now no spark All 4 plugs check all connecters tight did not discontent any

Have you checked to make sure the kill switch is not on?

This may sound funny, but this does happen....
I was once helping my wife's Uncle move and he had this mid 80's Honda street/dirt bike.
He asked me to help him push it into the truck. I asked him if it ran, he said no, the battery was dead. I told him a battery is not needed for this bike to run, the battery is for the street lights. He told me the gas was old. I took a wiff (waving hand over opened tank to sniff fuel) it didn't smell old.
He kicked, and kicked and kicked some more. It refused to start.
I asked him to go through his usual start routine and he had realised, the RUN switch was in the STOP position.
A half hearted kick (he was tired from the other attempts) and the bike roared to life!

He rode the bike and I followed in the moving truck. Smile
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#4 05-29-2013, 11:14 AM,
We just pulled an engine out of a 1984 GL1200 Aspencade and have a 1985 Aspy engine to put in the frame. We noticed that there is only one hook-up coming out of the front of the 84 engine (Neutral/Gear Sensor?) and another coming out of the rear cover that is supposed to be the Pulse Generator Sensors. The 85 engine has both coming out of the front cover. Does anyone know the wire to wire splices (color wise) that have to be changed in order for this engine to operate correctly? Also, can I use the original plug-in to accomplish this?? Thanks
#5 03-27-2021, 03:09 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse Generator removal question bassplayer88 15 6,773 10-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Last Post: kwatts
  Pulse Generator Resistance 5 3,093 04-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Last Post: SIR tricky
  No spark, won't start now after pulse generator replacement chorvath 18 7,942 04-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Last Post: goinwingin
  pulse generator wire connetion 6 3,353 10-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Last Post: kwatts
  Pulse Generator Lesson? KnoxSwift 10 5,038 07-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Last Post: KnoxSwift
  What is an ECU, ignitor or a pulse generator? admin 13 8,643 10-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Last Post: admin