Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Speedometer App
Of course we all know by now that our GL1200 speedometers are incorrect by approximately ten percent. I use my iPhone for SiriusXM satellite radio, GPS, and more. So I searched for a clean large font speedometer app. I found just that. Called, "Speedometer" by Tim O's Studio. It can quickly switch from MPH to KM/H. I often now keep it running while riding. Here's a screen shot of the paid version, $1.99 USD. There's a free version that has ads running in the lower portion of the screen.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_1089 (800x533).jpg (Size: 152.83 KB / Downloads: 19)
[Image: VisitedProvincesMap.jpg]
[Image: VisitedStatesMap_zps8229ee64.jpg]
#1 05-20-2013, 04:21 PM,
(05-20-2013, 04:21 PM)Roleketu Wrote: Of course we all know by now that our GL1200 speedometers are incorrect by approximately ten percent. I use my iPhone for SiriusXM satellite radio, GPS, and more. So I searched for a clean large font speedometer app. I found just that. Called, "Speedometer" by Tim O's Studio. It can quickly switch from MPH to KM/H. I often now keep it running while riding. Here's a screen shot of the paid version, $1.99 USD. There's a free version that has ads running in the lower portion of the screen.

On the GL1200 LTD with Digital Speedo readout the sensor on the axle and the drive for it some times quit. I've replaced both. Even so my Speedo still acted up some times. I added a Magellan GPS permanently to the dash, it has a switchable KPH to MPH readout bottom left corner of the screen. If my Bike Digital readout decides to act up the GPS Speedo is the backup. Recently in the last year we've found unplugging the main wiring harness plugs under the cover of the Faux Tank and plugging them in again usually cures the problem when the Digital readout starts acting up. We have two LTD's and both of them have responded to this trick. Any of you who have a faulty Digital readout try unplugging and plugging in the wiring harness plugs first, it may cure your problem. Dirty contacts.
#2 05-20-2013, 10:13 PM,