Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Newbie to the Wing and sidecar
Welcome to the wonderful world of GL1200!
I am the second owner of a 1984 Interstate whose original owner put 104,000 miles on before he passed at age 80.
I have put an additional 36,000 commuting M-F.
Your bike has a few more miles on her. (LOL)
My condolences on the loss of your son, Shawn, but as fate would have it, you gained Izan. (I will keep Casey in my prayers – as every human is worth worrying about)

In my own corner of the world, as my wife and I were adding to our family, I would stay home in the mornings and work in the afternoons and into the late evening (overtime pay) then get 4 or so hours of sleep and then repeat. My wife had a coworker whose daughter had had a daughter who at an early age would make a fist and lightly pound her fist to her chest and say ‘me bad, me bad’.
Courtney started to be dropped off in the mornings when my wife would go off to work. I now had my newborn son and two year-old Courtney. Housework, cartoons, and the market in the morning were followed with working extra hours for an aerospace company in the evening.
When Courtney was of kindergarten age, she was taken from me and placed in school.
The last time I saw Courtney, she didn’t remember who I was. Her Grandmother told her who I was and how we met and Courtney came over and gave me a big hug.
Courtney has now graduated from High School and is going to a two-year College and is doing well.
Granted, I was in my thirties then, but, a human being is a terrible thing to waste… family member or not.
I must be good at what I do because I now have my 27 year-old daughter (who literally, ran away from the house), and her less than honorably discharged from the Army, husband, living in my den and they are 30 days away from delivering their first child. Neither have a college education, but both have part time jobs, he started his yesterday.
Life happens. Things change.
….. more good times are on the horizon, and your Wing will get you, your wife and grandson there and back in comfort.

-Ride On
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#4 04-03-2013, 06:40 PM,

Messages In This Thread
Newbie to the Wing and sidecar - by NavyMode - 04-03-2013, 05:28 PM
RE: Newbie to the Wing and sidecar - by neoracer - 04-03-2013, 06:27 PM
RE: Newbie to the Wing and sidecar - by bs175dths - 04-03-2013, 06:40 PM
RE: Newbie to the Wing and sidecar - by ship - 04-04-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: Newbie to the Wing and sidecar - by Keener - 04-04-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: Newbie to the Wing and sidecar - by bluewing - 04-05-2013, 07:12 AM
RE: Newbie to the Wing and sidecar - by wpd210 - 04-05-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: Newbie to the Wing and sidecar - by admin - 04-08-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: Newbie to the Wing and sidecar - by 85GL1200I - 04-08-2013, 09:05 PM