Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
nuts holding the body muffler to the engine
I noticed a bit of carbon/smoke near the muffler on the right side of my bike (1985 Aspencade 1200). When I inspected the area under the bike right where the two exhaust pipes go into the motor there was a bit of black smudge near the area. I cleaned it off and on the way home from work I stopped at the bike shop where I get all my work done and ask about replacing the gaskets. My mech who has done all the work on my bike and seems to know a great deal about gold wings said that under no circumstances should I try removing those bolts. He said that as old as my bike was and with the probability that they had never been removed even with break free the chances of snapping those bolts was extremely high. I was just wondering if any of you had similar problems and how you addressed them or what you think of his assesment of taking those bolts off. I know if they did snap I would be in a world of hurt lol. Thanks for any info
Honda 55
Honda Super 90
Honda 160
Honda 305
Bultaco 250
Triumph T120R Bonneville
Honda 85 gl1200 aspy (present ride)
#1 05-31-2012, 04:18 AM,

Messages In This Thread
nuts holding the body muffler to the engine - by mtnsurgtech - 05-31-2012, 04:18 AM