Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Gl1200I and A 84-87 Main wire harness
Thanks for the replies,

After a little more searching , GL1200I and A (Non LTD or SEI) for the same year do share the same main harness, their sub and fairing harness are different. The questions a 84 Main Harness the same as 85 and 86, but I found a couple 85 GL1200I main harness's , so no big deal now straight match up.

I finally got all the fairing off and was able to inspect the complete harness. It looks like the PO did some farkle wiring, I removed all non OEM wiring and will rewire to my spec's. I was able to trace the whole main wiring harness, looks like when it shorted ( more like a Hot main wire (RED) grounded , it took out solenoid, and fried the pulse generator wires. The alternator wires and connector are fine, but the x3 blades got blackened, so we'll see if it fried the stator, will know when I get it running. If the alternator is hosed, I may do a PoorBoy Conversion and be rid of it.

So as of now, I need a Pulse Generator, Main wiring harness, Solenoid..

Thanks for the info ..
#5 10-13-2011, 10:00 PM,

Messages In This Thread
Re: Gl1200I and A 84-87 Main wire harness - by bassplayer88 - 10-13-2011, 10:00 PM