Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Right bank of cylinders don't return to idle.
I've owned my 86 Aspencade for a few months now. When warm, it has always
shifted poorly, really crunching the gears. Clutch is fine, bled. I concluded that revs don't drop quickly enough when I shift slow. If I shift fast, I can usually shift cleanly. Okay, so I've synched my carbs twice. I synch the carbs and the idle is nice and low, about 900 rpm. If I then blip the throttle, the revs stick 1000 or so rpm higher. I noticed that if I grab the linkage on the right carb bank and rotate them counter-clockwise, the idle drops back and all four cylinders once again have even levels on my mercury gauges. So I am concluding that the right bank is sticking. That approach on the left side doesn't do anything. The left-side carbs don't look particularly dirty or notchy or anything. Is this a known issue with Goldwings, such that I will need to plan to buy new parts, or do I really just need to remove the carbs and clean them properly? It doesn't seem like it is a dirt issue, but I have no clue really.
(It is winter, it is too big for my shed, days are short, warm hours in the day are even shorter, I work slowly, and so on. So if it is going to be a new-parts job, I will definitely wait and plan.)
I mainly just want to know if it is a known issue.
Thanks.

Sean
=============
#1 01-19-2009, 08:37 PM,

Messages In This Thread
Right bank of cylinders don't return to idle. - by Guest - 01-19-2009, 08:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Return spring tension tongy66086 2 596 07-16-2014, 11:16 PM
Last Post: Roleketu