Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Glad I found you guys
(07-21-2015, 02:22 PM)aweightman Wrote: I picked up an 86Aspy SEI and have been enjoying the ride. I started having a few mech issues and did some research online. ... which led me here. I found info with replacing the starter (best tip: have patience with it... pain in the #$@), with the breaks, air ride system (cause of my 35mph death wobble), and stator. Yes, I have done some work on her, but all worth it. A big thanks to all of you who post "how to" stuff, you saved my pocket book and taught me a bit.

Hope to catch up on the road sometime.
Cheers,
Andrew - Bellingham, Wa

Hello Andrew
I live just north of you across the line in Aldergrove, I came on this site a few years ago and I ride an 85 LTD which is virtually the same bike as yours.
I noticed you made a comment about a wobble and mine always had a slow speed wobble,
I just installed a new rear tire but while I had the rear wheel off I didn't like the way the bearings felt in the back wheel so I put in new bearings in the back wheel and now my wobble is gone.
So it makes me wonder if the slight movement in the back wheel was causing it as the front end is trying to compensate for the movement in the back.
Don't know for sure but I'm sure glad it feels so much better.
I'm going to pull my front wheel and replace my front bearings to just because they have never been done.

I have had so much help from the guys here on this site that I can never thank them enough,
The best I can do is help others whenever I'm able with what I have learned.
Johan
#6 02-09-2016, 07:27 PM,

Messages In This Thread
Glad I found you guys - by aweightman - 07-21-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Glad I found you guys - by Tropicalsuns - 07-21-2015, 04:33 PM
RE: Glad I found you guys - by bs175dths - 07-21-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Glad I found you guys - by aweightman - 07-21-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: Glad I found you guys - by trike lady - 08-01-2015, 06:52 PM
RE: Glad I found you guys - by firstwing85 - 02-09-2016, 07:27 PM