Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Return spring tension
There is a lot of linkage as well as a return spring on these carburetors. The linkage and the return spring do not have adjustments.
I have lubricated the linkage pivot points as well as the push/pull cables on my bike and the throttle closes nicely.
Keep in mind too, that each carburetor has a throttle piston which must rise and fall smoothly and without hesitation or the engines performance will suffer. They rise and fall due to the difference of atmospheric pressure between the air passing through the carburetor and the air stored in the top of the carburetor.
The throttle piston or the throttle piston cylinder must be clean to allow a smooth operation.
There may also be a small vacuum leak.

I suggest lubricating the linkage and the push/pull cables and see if that solves the problem.
Inspect for vacuum leaks at the intake-to-head (o ring), at the intake-to-carburetor (metal band), or at one of the many vacuum hoses under the carburetor assembly.

You may have to open the carburetors and inspect the throttle pistons and the throttle piston cylinders.
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#2 07-15-2014, 10:59 PM,

Messages In This Thread
Return spring tension - by tongy66086 - 07-15-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: Return spring tension - by bs175dths - 07-15-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: Return spring tension - by Roleketu - 07-16-2014, 11:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Right bank of cylinders don't return to idle. 2 539 01-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Ed Z