Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
head phones
I commute on the highways of Los Angeles and Orange Counties where the past time of local operators of the non two-wheeled kind is 'me first at any cost'.
I don't listen to the radio as it can be one more distraction (weak radio frequency, favorite song is interrupted by static, the constant commercials) and I need to focus on getting to 'Point B' without becoming a hood ornament.
And since traffic doesn't exist on two wheels, a radio for traffic reports is not required.
Communication between your riding partner or in a group would be more advanced than, say, hand gestures, but again, in my book, not required.
On my 32 miles ride (one-way), I listen to the engine, the wind, the 'thump, thump, thump' of the car next to me drifting out of their lane.

And besides, the voices in my head are more than enough for me!!

Folks, let's stay on track with the original question and take personal opinions with a grain of salt. (Remember the 'what oil do you use and why?' Tsunami of a few years back?)

The suggestions were:
Check to see if your Mute button is in its proper position to hear through the speakers on the bike.
Check to see if your Mute button is functioning properly.
Check to see if the speakers are working properly. Improperly grounded or shorted wires will also cause a muting or muffling effect.
Check the plugs of the speakers for oxidation or any other form of high resistance.
Basically, check your existing system for proper functions.
The easy fix is to go through the cassette, but then, the cassette head needs to be good and clean or you will hear (or won’t hear – pun intended) the same results. Remember, these sound systems are old and unless you were lucky enough to have found the rare bird, your bike spent part of its life out in the elements.

That mentioned: CHECK LOCAL LAWS PERTAINING TO THE USE OF HELMET SPEAKERS

A good day to go riding is a terrible thing to waste on the side of the road while the officer writes your citation.

Ignorance is NOT bliss, it is expensive.

-Ride On
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#8 04-24-2015, 09:48 AM,

Messages In This Thread
head phones - by hondaow - 04-03-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: head phones - by dl_sledding - 04-20-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: head phones - by SIR tricky - 04-20-2015, 08:31 PM
RE: head phones - by dl_sledding - 04-20-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: head phones - by SIR tricky - 04-21-2015, 05:58 AM
RE: head phones - by neoracer - 04-20-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: head phones - by dl_sledding - 04-21-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: head phones - by bs175dths - 04-24-2015, 09:48 AM