Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
gwrra
going to join the GWRRA in mo.are thay a good group . any one out there a member the nearest to me is st.clair mo.
#1 12-11-2012, 07:48 PM,
Send Vic an e-mail, he is very much involved with the GWRRA, he can tell you anything you want to know about it.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#2 12-11-2012, 08:16 PM,
I am in chapter A in Washington. Great group of folks. They have provided all kinds of helpful advice and hours of free help working on my bike. One member made me a great deal on the 1200 I own now, a black chromed out 87 Aspencade that was a big step up from my 87 Interstate. GWRRA was also a huge help when I took a trip from Green Bay, Wisconsin to Niagara Falls a few years ago. Had problems with my bike twice and both times, folks in the Gold Book answered the call and came out to help me get back on the road. Others may have had a different experience, but I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Charlie
1992 GL1500 SE
[Image: Visited.jpg]
#3 12-12-2012, 11:37 PM,
Am a member of the parent organization and also WAS a member of a local chapter in western suburbs of Chicago. They disbanded due to "politics"??? I was a new member and didn't really know what they meant. Anyway, I found this particular group to be somewhat "cliquish" and "clannish". They also seemed to "look down" on me with my 1986 GoldWing with a "Voyager" trike kit. Just NOT a very friendly accepting group. The outcome is, if I still want to be a member of a "local" chapter I would have to go to one 35-60 miles away. I am muling that over.
#4 12-13-2012, 12:04 PM,
G.W.R.R.A. is a great organization, although, I have seen some local chapters that were staffed with folks that I truly did not understand, but, that is a people problem not a G.W.R.R.A. problem, because, unfortunately folks are different wherever you go and how one accepts those differences is entirely unique to every individual. Like anything else it takes a while to get to know people and new beginnings in any group are often awkward and very much misunderstood by outsiders. Hang out with different chapters and really get to know some people and not just on the surface, then make a choice to move on if you really don't like the personalities. I like G.W.R.R.A. for its event insurance coverage and its Rescue Plus services which includes an excellent towing package.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#5 02-08-2013, 02:38 PM,
(02-08-2013, 02:38 PM)admin Wrote: G.W.R.R.A. is a great organization, although, I have seen some local chapters that were staffed with folks that I truly did not understand, but, that is a people problem not a G.W.R.R.A. problem, because, unfortunately folks are different wherever you go and how one accepts those differences is entirely unique to every individual. Like anything else it takes a while to get to know people and new beginnings in any group are often awkward and very much misunderstood by outsiders. Hang out with different chapters and really get to know some people and not just on the surface, then make a choice to move on if you really don't like the personalities. I like G.W.R.R.A. for its event insurance coverage and its Rescue Plus services which includes an excellent towing package.

I would second everything there and add.
I just joined after visiting a couple local chapters. GWRRA also offers a Rider Education Program which I have heard good things about. I decided since I had just moved back into a cage rich environment it would be beneficial to pursue some education as well. Might save a life (me) might give me a break on Insurance.

Anyway I understand their education is available to all motorcycle riders as well.

Regards!
#6 02-08-2013, 04:49 PM,
they have a chapter close to me (Welland) I plan on joining either this month or next - met a couple a guys from it and they seem to be OK
#7 02-08-2013, 04:49 PM,
I didn't mention it above, but, I am the official G.W.R.R.A. Classic Wing S.I.G.(Special Interest Group) representative for Ontario, Canada, so, if you ever have questions or concerns about G.W.R.R.A. you are most welcome to let me know, so, I can have those issues addressed at a higher level or you can take them to G.W.R.R.A. directly at http://gwrra.org/contact.html
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#8 02-13-2013, 08:31 AM,