Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
YES THIS GUY SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND HE HAS BEEN
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/04/19/bc-motorcycle-video-victoria.html">http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... toria.html</a><!-- m -->

But what about all those car drivers who are in the left lane when there is adequate room for them in the right lane? The police have all their license numbers.LOL
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#1 07-26-2012, 01:42 PM,
And now all those people he flew past will see some guy on a Wing and think "another $&%*# biker".
Turtle
86 Interstate, ex  police bike
85 LTD, parting out

[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#2 07-26-2012, 02:00 PM,
how stupid is that?

let's post an illegal act on a public site - no one will know it is me.

they keep getting dumber and dumber

get dumb enough and they will become a member of the Darwin Family.
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#3 07-26-2012, 02:04 PM,
The last paragraph of the article gets me... The police believe the ride was sometime before April 7, the day the video was posted.

News Break here.. The ride was actually April 8th, the video is nothing more than a film of his dream which he chose to make real.

OK... I guess that is reporting at it's best. Glad to see they caught him before he hurt himself or others.
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter

[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#4 07-26-2012, 03:03 PM,
Looks like they can't charge him as he refuses to answer questions and they can't prove it was him. I bet he gets the bike back as well.

they guys obviously got some talent and should be racing on a track where he gets paid to be crazy.
#5 08-20-2012, 11:44 AM,
I live close to that road, and have ridden it many times. This whole island was abuzz when all this went down. It is good that the Saanich police were able to ferret this out or every kid with a crotch rocket and a video camera would have been doing it.

The bike came up for auction recently and a friend bid on it. It sold for somewhere around $1,000 but apparently it is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $2,000 to replace the immobilizer, and of course Mom isn't going to hand over the keys. From what I understand "Mom" (the registered owner) has never ridden a bike but the kid couldn't get insurance with his driving record.

There has been a real rash of this sort of thing in Europe and I guess the young and stupid here want to be in on it. After all, it always ends up good in the movies doesn't it?
Tim Johnson
1984 GL1200I
1975 GL1000
2002 GasGas trials.
1956 Norton Dominator
#6 10-09-2012, 08:00 AM,
one word comes to my mind...... Darwin.
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#7 10-09-2012, 01:56 PM,
Every time I see one of these videos it reminds me of this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsOOccLv6vg. I will never understand it. Worse is the number of positive comments videos like this get.
#8 10-09-2012, 06:57 PM,
I noticed his reflection in the tach at one point. There are some very expensive but highly effective video forensics software tools out there that could potentially extract some identifiable facial features from it. Would be cool if they could come up with enough evidence to nail him.
Brett on the Rez
'85 LTD
#9 10-10-2012, 09:18 AM,
The rider of that motorcycle was f*cking insane. How could anyone put their own life and that of other drivers in such jeopardy? If I was his mother I would turn him in myself. My parents did that with me when they found out that I had been playing with an old railroad blasting cap and almost blew my ear off. Having to explain myself to the police kept me from ever doing that again. Wow, I am just stunned by that video.
#10 02-02-2018, 02:39 AM,