Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driveline Vibration
I have a vibration when in gear and decelerating, is it normal on the GL1200 to have that? Do you think it would help to grease the splines or am I on the wrong track? I have 111,000 km on the bike and the vibration has been there for the past three years with out getting any louder. I just read a posting that said this could be very serious and should be looked at, also they said it could cause the back wheel to seize, I wouldn't like that very much. I have changed the final drive oil and the vibration didn’t change at all. Maybe I should check the u-joint as well. Does anyone have any ideas?
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#1 07-17-2007, 08:18 PM,
When ever changing the rear tire the splines must be re-greased, providing this was done during this period it should be OK, now to put a wrench in the works... when the OEM tires were used, these were not capable of the mileages that the later tire were, hence the splines would not be greased for longer periods of time. Adding to the fact that some mechanics were not as competent as others.
I would check them to make sure.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 07-17-2007, 09:31 PM,
Thanks Tricky, I will do thak A.S.A.P.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#3 07-17-2007, 09:48 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clunk in driveline 16 7,498 05-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Last Post: robdavspa