Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Bench style aftermarket seat
Got a friend with a GL1200. He is 6'5 and sometimes just sits atop the seatback in order to make enough room for his legs. Was looking for a bench-style seat. Ideas?
Do the best you can with what you have, trusting God for the results. So, there.
#1 07-16-2011, 02:50 PM,
duncan427 Wrote:Got a friend with a GL1200. He is 6'5 and sometimes just sits atop the seatback in order to make enough room for his legs. Was looking for a bench-style seat. Ideas?

Seat change - I considered the same thing - a good seat/upholstery shop should be able to modify the seat. I was going to buy a second seat base, uncover the existing foam, and build on that, then have a shop cover the finished seat.

For leg comfort on the straighter roads Google a Look at Mic-O-Pegs cruise footrests at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/">www.ridingiswonderful.com/</a><!-- w -->. sundance pointed me at those on this site. I ordered a pair and they do what they say...

I don't need a different seat now.

#2 07-16-2011, 03:31 PM,
Thanks, friend. My friend has a new set of road pegs and he can kick out his long stalks and now get comfortable. Your suggestion was great!
Do the best you can with what you have, trusting God for the results. So, there.
#3 07-17-2011, 09:36 AM,
I not anywhere near that tall, but I wanted more leg room and fabricated some brackets to move the highway boards out and forward.

Attached Files
.jpg   highway board ext.jpg (Size: 370.48 KB / Downloads: 213)
[Image: VisitedProvincesMap.jpg]
[Image: VisitedStatesMap_zps8229ee64.jpg]
#4 07-17-2011, 12:34 PM,