Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parting Out 1985 GL1200 I
Still have plenty of parts available. All front plastic,instrumentation and front forks already sold. Side covers,saddle bags and rear trunk,tank plastic and front and rear fenders in silver no cracks or add'l holes, no latches, rails or emblems on plastic(s). Motor and intake intact, right timing belt cover and right head sold but has another head with bad valves in place to keep inside of motor from elements. Seat needs recovering but pan is in very good condition. Most electronics and wire harnesses still available. Wheels and rotors in good useable shape. Saddle bag/trunk supporting racks with some rust on tubes but otherwise in good shape, also have a markland tow assembly. Frame is in really nice condition by only have bill of sale on the bike so no title is available, last titled in OHIO. If I don't have listed what you need, email me anyway and I can check around for you or at least give you a link to what you need. All quotes for parts will be + shipping and insurance from Florence,Ky,41042. Can ship UPS/USPS/Truck. You'll need access to a dock for truck shipments. UPS shipments are a bit less if you have a "Business" address to ship to. Will ship UPS and Truck shipments from my work address. Email me with your needs and i'll get back to you asap. I check my email daily. Will not hold any parts. Will accept Cash, Money Order or Western Union for payment. Thanks and hope I have what you need. :YMPEACE:
#1 11-29-2010, 10:55 AM,
What I need is something small and simple.

The previous owner of my '85 GL1200 I mashed the hex points on the final drive inspection cap/plug. Now, it is nearly round and ugly (I have to use a pipe wrench to open and close it).

Do you have a final drive inspection cap and if so what will you charge for the part plus H & S? Also can you get paid with [url=https://www.paypal.com/][attachment=0].

My Wing and I live in St. Louis, MO.

Thanks.

The guy with the rounded final drive inspection cap/plug.

Attached Files
.tiff   PayPal.tiff (Size: 6.35 KB / Downloads: 876)
.jpg   PayPal.jpg (Size: 6.02 KB / Downloads: 876)
[Image: Akriti2450x338.jpg]

" ... If you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." ~ George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
#2 03-03-2011, 09:30 AM,
Need speedo/odo drive gear box that goes on front axle. Mine is a 84 Interstate. Thanks.
#3 03-03-2011, 12:20 PM,
Granpah Wrote:What I need is something small and simple.

The previous owner of my '85 GL1200 I mashed the hex points on the final drive inspection cap/plug. Now, it is nearly round and ugly (I have to use a pipe wrench to open and close it).

Do you have a final drive inspection cap and if so what will you charge for the part plus H & S? Also can you get paid with [url=https://www.paypal.com/][attachment=0].

My Wing and I live in St. Louis, MO.

Thanks.

The guy with the rounded final drive inspection cap/plug.

Hey Granpah, did you ever get a final drive filler cap? I think I have a spare if you still need one.
Lane.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#4 03-03-2011, 06:04 PM,
Wing and a Prayer, do have left turn signal lens for trunk ?
#5 03-19-2011, 09:36 PM,
Hi Shane,

Thanks for your e-mail message.

I did get a filler cap which is being held for me until I get home from overseas in June. Grrrrrrrrrrr! Just now the weather in St. Louis and midwest is perfect for biking and here I'm stuck 8,000 from my Wing. Double Grrrrr. By the time I get back, the heat will be on and riding is still great so long as you're constantly moving.

Anyhow, thanks for trying to help out. I really appreciate it.
[Image: Akriti2450x338.jpg]

" ... If you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." ~ George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
#6 03-19-2011, 11:29 PM,
I just bought my first wing, an 85 LE, love the bike but I found that one of my tailpipes is rotted and about to fall off.
I need to replace it,
do you still have the muffler?
and would it fit my bike? my originals are right to the back of the bags with turn down tips on it.

thanks, Johan
Johan
#7 04-29-2011, 10:01 AM,
Hi Wing&aprayer

LF the three seat brackets so I can modify them to move the seat back. Still got?
#8 06-03-2011, 07:16 PM,
Any drivers floor boards available?
#9 07-21-2011, 11:04 AM,
do you have the chrome trim for the turn signals on front faring?

I need both left and right.
Thanks,
Ed.
#10 12-05-2011, 04:12 PM,
Note this original post was November 2010, it is 2 years old and I notice the original poster has 0 posts, I think it is possibly a waste of time posting for parts.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#11 12-05-2011, 04:22 PM,
Do you have a left turn hazzard and horn control switch. My trun signal switch worn out and the Hazzard jams up or sticks.
Many thanks
Bob C

Please quote the price on your reply>
#12 02-06-2012, 11:17 AM,
charron.bob Wrote:Do you have a left turn hazzard and horn control switch. My trun signal switch worn out and the Hazzard jams up or sticks.
Many thanks
Bob C

Please quote the price on your reply>

Ive got one if you want - $25.00 plus shipping

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://stores.ebay.com/Marshville-Enterprises?_rdc=1">http://stores.ebay.com/Marshville-Enterprises?_rdc=1</a><!-- m -->
#13 02-26-2012, 07:34 AM,
tricky Wrote:Note this original post was November 2010, it is 2 years old and I notice the original poster has 0 posts, I think it is possibly a waste of time posting for parts.
Trick, you are a moderator so you should be able to answer this. How is it possible for a member to leave a rather lengthy post & still have 0 post? That is not logical. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Angela(fysty-1) & Dani
Surrey, B.C., Canada
'85 Honda GL 1200 (fully dressed) I. (sold)
pres. 95 Virago 1100
"No matter how blue life may get always remember that there's a rainbow in the sky."
"Grab life by the handlbars an hang on."

#14 02-26-2012, 04:01 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1985 Aspencade GL1200 1 860 07-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Guest