Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
#1 05-25-2007, 09:23 AM,
Jim, do they make LED's that change colors within one LED?
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#2 05-25-2007, 09:36 AM,
Yes they are made, so far I have the LED Tire valve cap lights in multi color.

Thanks
jim
#3 05-26-2007, 12:18 AM,
Hmmm, I tried to contact Jim for a set of LED bulbs, but his milbox is full...
can anybody help me to contact him? or have an other email address of Jim?

Thank's
Honda GoldWing GL1200 Aspencade
Year 1988
#4 08-26-2007, 05:36 AM,
Did you try to PM him?
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#5 08-26-2007, 06:23 AM,
EMail account repaired.

Thank you

Jim
#6 08-26-2007, 12:38 PM,
I live in Empire Ca.I baught a pair of LED'S for my valve caps and the fiest time I rode at night I was pulled over and told to take the lights off or I would get a ticket. I asked the officer if it is against the law to use them then how can they sell them. He told me they are only to be used on privet property,or like a bike show. he clamed they are a distraction and MAY couse an accident :oops:
#7 11-22-2008, 11:00 PM,
Those clowns in Ca. are too damn picky, they bitch about trees, cig butts, animal's and faries (no offence) now the add LED's that's why I stopped driving semi out there too, nict picky about tie-down strings! and that goof you've got fer a Gov sish! might has well choke yourself...not with your hand numbnutts!
#8 05-27-2009, 04:22 PM,
As if cops hiding just over the crest of hills, around curves, behind overpasses, or on u-turn access-ways trying to trap innocent speeders isn't distracting enough? I'd wager that those sneaky tactics cause more accidents than the speeders do. Of course, those accidents are reported as being caused by excessive speed.

Well, at least you didn't get the ticket.

Wing Nut 47 Wrote:I live in Empire Ca.I baught a pair of LED'S for my valve caps and the fiest time I rode at night I was pulled over and told to take the lights off or I would get a ticket. I asked the officer if it is against the law to use them then how can they sell them. He told me they are only to be used on privet property,or like a bike show. he clamed they are a distraction and MAY couse an accident :oops:
1986 Honda GL1200 Interstate
#9 05-27-2009, 04:50 PM,
When i was running newspapers in the wee hours every night here in Virginia, we used a low wattage red light in the dome so we could see our route changes and paperwork. I got stopped by a deputy for, you guessed it, an illegal interior light. Shortly afterward I discovered the law was for anything over FIVE WATTS... these were under. I stuck it back in and waited, and waited, and waited... Guess he got transferred or something. Anyway, is there a wattage spec on those tire valve lights in California? Might be worth looking into. Nothing thrills me more than teaching a LEO (law enforcement officer) the LAW..
Jess
#10 06-16-2009, 01:43 PM,