Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Install
I'm a new owner of a classic Goldwing Interstate (1985 with 11,000 original miles) The bike doesn't have a stereo. I bought an OEM antenna, bracket, speakers, and covers. I would like to install a after market stereo with a CD player. Can anyone tell me where I can get a radio bezel to fit. Also what else am I going to need to install this stereo. Thanks Bud
#1 07-06-2008, 06:50 PM,
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chrometoys.com/38.html">http://www.chrometoys.com/38.html</a><!-- m -->

Better to use a marine type if possible, things are pretty tight in there so you will need to get the smallest possible radio.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 07-07-2008, 05:10 AM,
I've been looking for some after market radios myself. Thx for the link Fysty-1.
#3 07-09-2008, 05:00 PM,
I am in the process of installing an aftermarket Pioneer stereo and speakers from Wally World. I used the bezel from chrometoys.com and it is NOT a direct bolt on piece, very close, but not exact. However, it does buy you an added 2 inches of much needed space. In my case, it was still not enough. I removed the guage cluster bracket and did some fancy grinding to make more room in the rear of the unit. I also used a 90-degree antenna adapter just to be safe. It's not in yet, but I'm close. The bike's radio bezel needs the piece between the radio opening and the clock opening cut out. Then, the two bezels can be mounted together. The aftermarket piece comes with screws, which I used after lining things up and pilot drilling. Before it was all snugged up for the final time, I used some ABS plumbing cement to make sure the parts are sealed and secure. They are pretty much one piece now. I'll try to take some pictures and post 'em soon. In the mean time ask any specific questions you may have.
Scotty P
Grafton, Ontario, Canada
1997 GL1500 SE
Gone, but not forgotten:
1985 GL1200I
1985 GL1200A
[Image: ON13_Avatar.jpg]
My Red Knights Chapter
My Professional Page
Facebook & LinkedIn
#4 07-09-2008, 07:03 PM,
I have a 1981GL1100 with a WindJammer faring and orignal radio set up. 5 years ago I removed the orignal casette radio and replaced it with a Pioner Suppertuner Automotive CD player. It has survived being left out side for several months at a repair shop uncovered in severe weather,(Hurricanes)and numerous raniy day rides(Goldwingers with a rain suit and helmit visor don't need overpasses and car washes to hide in)other than the CD skipping on rough roads it still works GREAT!!! I found that the Show Chrome 4in 30-watt replacement speakers work great and they are cheaper then Kickers,JC Whitney $37.99.
#5 07-09-2008, 07:43 PM,
Thanks for the info all,,, I'll keep you posted on the progress of my radio project..................
#6 07-10-2008, 06:34 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CB Radio Install sparky65 1 1,704 09-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Last Post: bs175dths
  Mechless radio install Peter 15 8,024 06-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Peter