Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ltd Question HELP
My newly aquired LTD is a little different than my present one . First off the fuel cap has a hose attached to the center of it . Looks like a evap type hose . I am wondering if it a California issued emission system ? It doesn't start, dont have spark to the plugs .

I checked the ECM and it looks like a PBR sensor fault . Would that cause it not to start ?
Also when I try to start it the fuel system light comes on. One more thing !

The supplement manual says PBR sensor. W solid and 0 blinking open circuit shorted signal wire . Now in the fail safe function it states PBL sensor output is used . When PBL sensor is faulty Ne-0thmap is used for both injection and ignition timing.

Question is , is this a TYPO in the manual ? Or does it mean what it says . You guys that have the factory Limited service supplement page 10-6 . Let me know PLEASE What they are talking about . Thanks
84 Aspy Preminum Beige Metallic ( Mr AL2)
85 LTD Sundance Gold ( Mr AL ) ;)

#1 08-15-2015, 08:55 PM,
Well I finally got it started today this morning in fact about 9:30 or so . I replaced the PG behind the R timing belt cover and it fired right up. As I suspected it is going to need a stator . It isn't charging not the regulator either. That job wont happen intill next year sometime (got other things to do before winter) maybe Memorial day weekend . Just wanted to get it running so I can start it and jock it around from time to time .

I might even sell it before then I don't know . But I enjoyed tinkering with it to get it running . I learned alot about this FI system I didn't know. that was really fun . The only thing I will do before too long is check the compression to see if it worth it or not .

Right now Im just doing to put it back together

#2 09-19-2015, 04:26 PM,
(08-15-2015, 08:55 PM)84wngnut Wrote: ... It doesn't start, don't have spark to the plugs .

I checked the ECM and it looks like a PBR sensor fault . Would that cause it not to start ?
Also when I try to start it the fuel system light comes on. One more thing !

The supplement manual says PBR sensor. W solid and 0 blinking open circuit shorted signal wire . Now in the fail safe function it states PBL sensor output is used . When PBL sensor is faulty Ne-0thmap is used for both injection and ignition timing.

Question is , is this a TYPO in the manual ? Or does it mean what it says . You guys that have the factory Limited service supplement page 10-6 . Let me know PLEASE What they are talking about . Thanks
As I understand the chart, the PB's (Plenum Barometric? left and right) measure the atmospheric pressure and temperature to make fine tune adjustments to the fuel delivery and ignition timing. If PBR fails, PBL "fail safes" to keep the bike running. If both fail, the Ne-0th map sensor assumes that function.

Did replacing the PG cure the PBR fault indication? Obviously that was you're spark problem.
Ron
#3 09-20-2015, 06:33 AM,
You are correct Ron as I found out with all the trials and errors I made with this trouble shooting experience. I got it started it turned out that the fuel pump cutout switch was in upside down and it had a bad NS sensor .

I found out that the PG from the carb'd can be adapted to work on the fulie with very little effort . For right now I'm satified just to have the thing where it will start . Now I will think about if and when I will tackle the stator issue

#4 09-20-2015, 12:39 PM,