Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The beginning of Wisdom or Laziness?
I purchased new front & rear tires for my bike and am starting to think I would be better off taking it to a shop to get the tires changed and balanced. I turned 65 today and wondered if I'm finally getting smarter or just plain lazy.
#1 06-23-2013, 07:34 PM,
Old too soon and smart to late.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 06-23-2013, 07:37 PM,
(06-23-2013, 07:34 PM)PurpleGL1200 Wrote: I purchased new front & rear tires for my bike and am starting to think I would be better off taking it to a shop to get the tires changed and balanced. I turned 65 today and wondered if I'm finally getting smarter or just plain lazy.

"Happy Birthday",that first government OAS cheque feels good hey, finally getting $$ coming your way and Seniors discounts..most restaurants give a percentage now but you have to ask.
Tires..I take them to a bike shop where they get Dynamicly balanced properly with the machine designed for it, big difference in accuracy opposed to static balance. Dynamic balance is on two planes rather than just one.A tire not balanced right will just drive you crazy on a bike,sometimes we get lucky but with tires on a bike I don't count on luck. My 2 cents. Big Grin
#3 06-23-2013, 11:48 PM,
I buy my tires from a small local shop - the price includes mounting and balancing - I take my wheels in "loose" and service the final drive & have a look at brakes, bearings etc during the process.

#4 06-24-2013, 04:54 AM,