GL1200 GOLDWINGS
Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - Printable Version

+- GL1200 GOLDWINGS (http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200)
+-- Forum: TECH CENTER (http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Forum: WHEELS, TIRES AND SPEEDOMETER (http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far (/showthread.php?tid=10082)

Pages: 1 2 3

Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - admin - 06-17-2013

I only have 150 k's on my new Shinko Tourmaster tires and I am very impressed by the smooth ride, excellent tracking over grooves and tar strips and on the straightaways, very predictable handling in corners, great performance overall and the very low price tag. In the past, I have sworn that E3's would be the only tires I'd run on my bike, but, these Shinko's are incredible. Granted, 150 k's is not much of a test, but, the feel of these tires at this point is amazing and since they do not have multiple rubber compounds in the tread they should continue to get better as they wear, unlike some tires with dual rubber compounds, like the E3, which have a very soft compound on the outside layer of the tread and then transition to a much harder compound for durability and mileage at the expense of performance. I laughed when I first heard about these low priced Shinko tires, but, I'm not laughing anymore.

RE: Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - Golden Highway - 06-17-2013

I have them on one of my other bikes and I also have been very impressed.

RE: Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - bs175dths - 06-17-2013

I am on my third front and rear Shinko Tourmaster 230. I am getting a couple thousand miles more out of the front than the rear, but that is to be expected.
For me the mileage I get out of a rear tire matches the maintenance schedule of the rear splines and such. Replacing the rear tire is an excellent excuse to do the service.

I am VERY happy with the performance, price and delivery time of my Shinkos from the Motorcycle Super Store
(no affiliation and I have not be compensated for my opinion, no animals have been harmed and any association with persons alive or dead is purely coincidental.)

RE: Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - admin - 06-17-2013

How many miles are you folks getting from your Shinkos?

rear - 11/12000ish, solo, commuter, 40ish psi
front - 12/13000ish, solo, commuter, 40ish psi, a wheelie every now and again (not!)

RE: Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - neoracer - 06-17-2013

at that type of mileage,i would have to say that is money well spent,especially if you dont have the expense of having to pay someone else for changing out the tires

RE: Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - 1060dsl - 06-17-2013

I have > 2K on my Pirelli's now and I couldn't imagine a better riding tire - they grip like glue They started out well but seem to be getting even better as they wear in. best i have had so far ..

(06-17-2013, 07:20 PM)neoracer Wrote: at that type of mileage,i would have to say that is money well spent,especially if you dont have the expense of having to pay someone else for changing out the tires

I change my own tires.... all is good

RE: Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - 1060dsl - 06-17-2013

(06-17-2013, 07:54 PM)bs175dths Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 07:20 PM)neoracer Wrote: at that type of mileage,i would have to say that is money well spent,especially if you dont have the expense of having to pay someone else for changing out the tires

I change my own tires.... all is good

Pretty sure we all change our own tires ..

RE: Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - neoracer - 06-17-2013

we are a smaller minority then you think from the people i talk with

RE: Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - Walter - 07-04-2013

Glad you like them Vic!

RE: Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - mtnsurgtech - 08-08-2013

(06-17-2013, 04:23 AM)admin Wrote: I only have 150 k's on my new Shinko Tourmaster tires and I am very impressed by the smooth ride, excellent tracking over grooves and tar strips and on the straightaways, very predictable handling in corners, great performance overall and the very low price tag. In the past, I have sworn that E3's would be the only tires I'd run on my bike, but, these Shinko's are incredible. Granted, 150 k's is not much of a test, but, the feel of these tires at this point is amazing and since they do not have multiple rubber compounds in the tread they should continue to get better as they wear, unlike some tires with dual rubber compounds, like the E3, which have a very soft compound on the outside layer of the tread and then transition to a much harder compound for durability and mileage at the expense of performance. I laughed when I first heard about these low priced Shinko tires, but, I'm not laughing anymore.

are there different types of tourmasters? If so may I ask what your running

RE: Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - bs175dths - 08-08-2013

Shinko markets several styles of tire but the Tour Master is listed as a 230 Tour Master on the Motorcycle Superstore web site.

RE: Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - neoracer - 08-08-2013

Front 230 http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/31/401/6187/ITEM/Shinko-230-Tour-Master-Front-Tire.aspx

Rear 230 http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/31/401/6188/ITEM/Shinko-230-Tour-Master-Rear-Tire.aspx

RE: Shinko Tourmaster tires, very impressed so far - bs175dths - 08-09-2013

The first 'pair' I bought from the Superstore ran me $131 (free shipping) and were at my door three days later. Since then it has been either a rear or a front so I pay the meager amount for shipping, but still at my door in three days.
You can't beat that with a stick!
The wear, performance, fast delivery, and price (I install my own) and I am a HAPPY CAMPER.